Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Its called ...

I messed up at work. It actually happened in March or April, but I found out yesterday afternoon. I didn't sleep well. I have enough insecurities at work anyway, without this hanging over my head. I developed some options to deal with the mistake, but the fact is it cost the company several thousand dollars in bonuses that should not have been paid. Do we take them back? Do we take it out of my pay? do we suspend me for two weeks and use those savings to pay for the unearned bonuses? Do we just let the thing go, and learn from the mistake?
I feel bad for myself ('cause I'm no longer perfect), I feel bad for the my boss, ("cause he paid money out that should have been his') and I feel bad for those around me because I am morose and hurting and in a grumpy mood.

When people come into my office and talk about this kind of stuff, I usually say something like, "Its called being mortal and human. So you're not perfect, so what? If God expected you to be perfect, he would not have provided a Savior."

It still hurts to encounter something like this.

QUESTION ==> Do the healing waters of Hawaii also heal this kind of hurt?

3 comments:

Matt and Lecia said...

YES! They will definitely help. And even if they don't, I know a little girl who can cheer up even the grumpiest of old men

Kayleen said...

That is very true Lecia, and having you make a comment also helps.

Now to GB I love you and am sorry that you are having to go thru this but I am grateful that you are not perfect or else I would not be comfortable around you. Besides money is overrated except when it takes us to Hawaii.

You are loved.

Tiffany said...

I also am sorry for your pain. And while I don't think Hawaii will take the hurt away, I don't think it'll hurt either!