Saturday, May 17, 2008

The Tao of Pooh

Kayleen and I were in Target. I was looking at a book called "The Tao of Pooh". The wisdom of Pooh bear and his friends is amazing. I saw the wife of my counselor walk by, followed by their two daughters. I called out "Sydney!" She is the young one, in Kayleens Nursary class. Sydney hid behind her older sister. I went over and shook their hands, as I do on Sunday, and Sydney was fine with me, but kept looking fearfully at Kayleen. She wanted her mother to hold her. I tried to get Sydney to come to me, which she loves to do on Sunday. I was not wearing a white shirt or tie, but she did recognize me. Unfortantely, I was with Kayleen, and we realized that she equated Kayleen with having to spend two hours in class with a whole bunch of hooligans. She was happy to say "Bye" to Kayleen as we left. I didn't buy the book but I was intrigued.

2 comments:

Kayleen said...

You were very kind in your version....it broke my heart that she hated me so much, she use to like me during sacrament meeting. However in my defense I have another little guy that comes up to talk to me in Sacrament meeting and ward parties and every chance he gets because I am his teacher .... even though there are usually 4 teachers most weeks, he likes me a little bit extra.

Tiffany said...

What a bummer...Kayleen gets a bad rep just because she's the teacher during the time that the little girl has to be away from her parents for two hours. Despite this, I'm convinced that Kayleen is an amazing nursery leader!