Monday, December 1, 2008

Gratitude for our Abundance

Family is our most prized "Possession"

We spent a few days in Utah with our children and grandchildren. It was a very precious and joyful time. We first attended Peter's Birthday party. Peter was an amazing young man, showing gratitude and excitement for any present.

We played Apples to Apples with the group assembled. I didn't do well, but we had a great time. Ben wanted us to know that he was there too.

Thursday was thanksgiving. Thanks to Tim, we achieved an excellent "Pie to Person" ratio. I had been talking about my Ice Cream salad, but we turned it into a pie. Ben and Peter helped me make it. We put the "salad" into an Oreo pie crust and covered it with Heath Bar Shell topping.
We met Tara's parents (Rock and Carol) for lunch. on Friday. I don't have a picture of them, but I do of Mike and Tara.

We were downstairs with the young boys, and I noticed how much Ben watches and imitates his older brother. In the first picture, Peter is lying on his stomach reading a book. Ben is watching. Less than 30 Seconds later, I took the 2nd picture.

We went to the park to play three days in a row. Grandpa had to go to "Time Out" for a while for bad behavior, but Peter was merciful and let him out.

And then, of course, the older boys had to have a contest to see who was better at ...whatever ?

5 comments:

Kayleen said...

I read your blog....we did have a great time....the boys and the girls were cute, cute. The pies and food was great, great. thanks for a great time all.

Tim said...

I need to add that after losing that first one, I beat Michael the next 4 or 5 times in a row.

Tiffany said...

One of the first things that my mom noticed when she came was how Ben wants to do everything like Peter is doing. Great pictures! Can't wait to see you guys in January, February, March, April, and May (in Hawaii)!

Tiffany said...

Well my previous comment didn't work...let's see what happens this time. We had a great time having you guys here! Ya, I'm too lazy to type out everything else I had before. Sorry.

Mike said...

And I should add that I WON the one that is seen by everybody!