Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Goodby Mom

My mother, Cleo Thorpe Bishop passed away on November 16 at 2:00 AM. She had suffered a stroke 3 years ago, and her quality of life has not been up to par since that time. She could hear and understand, but had a hard time communicating her thoughts and desires. She has wanted to move on for the last 2 years. About 18 months ago, shr asked me why she couldn't just die so that she could be with Frank. I told her that the value of her life had been re-assessed, and that her manson was too small. The workers in heaven had to tear down and rebuild her manson. She just laughed.
She was a good woman who did the best she could. She was loyal to her family and to God. She loved life and tried to let others feel of her joy of waking up every morning.
I will miss her, but am glad that she does not have to suffer anymore. I am glad that she can be free from pain and other mortal constraints. I am proud to be her son.
I was not always a good son, but I did and do love my mother. She was not a good cook, but she did the best she could in raising 8 children.

2 comments:

mcewen16 said...

Gerald, I really am so sorry for your loss. Even though I can understand your sentiments about being comforted by the idea that she is no longer suffering, I don't think anyone is ever ready to lose his Mom. There's no replacing a Mom, whatever her role in your life, so I wish you the best as you grieve over your loss and look toward that comfort that your Mom is in a better place. There are certainly a lot of people praying for you.

Unknown said...

Gerald, We are so sorry to hear about your mom. We know too, that we feel both relief and gladness for a parent who has been suffering ill health and loneliness, when they are finally free. But we miss them so much! We are thinking of you and your family and you are in our prayers. With Love.