Sunday, November 28, 2010

Thankgiving 2010

Four Pies & a Funeral
Just a few lines and pictures to catch up on events of the last two weeks. On November 16, we got a call at 4:05 AM that my mother had passed away. So I went into work for a few hours to write a few notes and take care of a few items. Needless to say, Utah was chilly, or down right cold at other times.I stayed with Tim & Tiffany. Hunter showed me his skills at camera awareness.

Friday evening, we had a viewing at Walker Mortuary in Springville. Mom looked peaceful, for one of the few times since her stroke in October 2007.

I got to visit with people I had not seen in years. My two older sisters, Ann (on the left) and Bonnie on the right.

My two younger sisters played an amazing piano duet during the funeral. Mary (left) and Barbara (right). Mary's son decided he needed to be in the picture as well, so he came up in between the two ladies.

I drove over to look at the home place. I had not been there in a few years. We are renting it out now. I suppose it will be sold in due time.

After the funeral, we flew back to Arizona. Lecia, Matt and Kennedy came with us. Kennedy immediately became Queen of the household. For Thankgiving, Nate, Julie, and their 4 children came down from Chandler. We ate a lot and visited while the Jacobs children played the Wii.
A good time was had by all.

On Saturday after Thanksgiving, we visited Phoenix Zoo as we were taking Matt's family back to the airport. The lioness's attitude of been the queen reminded me of someone - maybe kennedy?
The Tiger must have eaten turkey, based on his habit of laziness.




Kennedy showed her adventerous side by climbing inside the tree and looking out of the peep hole.


We went over to the temple visitor's center. I caught kind of an eternal perspective with Matt, Lecia, Kennedy and Baby Melville. It was a Kodak moment (literally)
Kennedy showed us how to truly focus while playing boggle. Yes, we were playing "Five Crowns" while she was playing "Boggle," but that did not stop her.



4 comments:

Matt and Lecia said...

Just FYI: we aren't normally that quiet while playing cards, but we knew my dad was filming. Also, by "boogle" my silly dad means "boggle"

Tiffany said...

I can't get the video to work past 0:08. I keep retrying it and I keep hearing Matt say "seven." Also, you mixed up the names of Ben and Hunter - I do that all the time! I've never had a problem with mixing up Peter and Ben but Ben and Hunter always get mixed up.

Gerald & Kayleen said...

Okay, so I messed up the whole post. I deeply apologize for my spelling, I apologize to Hunter, and to the makers of the boggle game.

Anonymous said...

Thank you, nice job! This was the stuff I had to have.