Thursday, December 2, 2010

The Time has Come...

Season of Change

"The time has come," the Walrus said,
"To speak of many things,
Of shoes, of ships, of sealing wax,
Of cabbages and kings."
And why the sea is boiling hot,
And whether pigs have wings."
(Louis Carroll)

I have been thinking of changing the direction of what I am doing with this blog. I'm not sure exactly where we will go with the posts. I love my family and the pictures, but I am thinking I need to use this partly to organize my thoughts on various subjects, mostly related to LDS doctrines. Bruce R. McConkie became a great gospel scholar by writing church talks in his head as he walked each day to and from his law school classes. It’s probably too late for me to become a great gospel scholar, but I do enjoy reaching the point of greater understanding by organizing the eternal truths in my mind.

I have toyed with the thought of doing this entirely in private, and then with a thought of perhaps allowing, or inviting others in for additional perspective. But do I draw a line, or should I allow free access? I’m not here to start my own missionary site, nor do I wish to invite negative remarks on doctrines or on Priesthood Leaders.

In case I decide to go private, please send your name and email address to gjbtucson@msn.com.

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

I hope you already have my name and email address!

A few ideas for you - you could start a separate blog that is private that is more centered on gospel perspectives. Or you can moderate comments. It means you still see comments if there are negative ones but not everyone else would.

Whatever you decide to do, I want to be in on the plan!

Kayleen said...

I really like the new look ... we'll talk.

mcewen16 said...

I'd like in, please! mcewen16@gmail.com