Saturday, December 25, 2010

Merry Christmas

Since my mother's passing, I have been under quite a bit of stress and pressure from work and time commitments at the Church. I did not get a Christmas letter out to family and friends. I would like to discuss a bit of these last four weeks.

Week 1
The week of Thanksgiving was wonderful. Matt, Lecia and Kennedy were here. It ended way too soon, although the trip to the zoo was a pleasant way to end the trip.
Week 2
The next weekend was Inventory. I had to work the weekend. I didn't do too much as far as actual inventory work, but it was important for me to be at work when every other person in the company had to work. (No Pictures)

Week 3

The next weekend was quite busy. In the morning we had "Breakfast with the Bishop" as a Primary Activity Day. I thouroughly enjoyed talking to the Primary Children. I had to leave early to head for Mesa. Congratulations to Tanner and Jessica.


We had to leave Mesa right after the sealing to attend the Ward Party.

Week 4

We again went to Mesa. This time we spent Friday evening looking at the Christmas lights at the temple.




After the lights, we went back to the hotel and, for the first time in our married lives, we had room service together. (I had had it before when traveling on business). In the morning, we attended the temple and came home. On Saturday evening we went to the Holiday Party for work. It made for a late night and harder day at Church the next day.

Work

During this time, I had been behind at work because of being gone for Mother's Funeral. In addition, we were working on next year's budget, which meetings and projects took up about 50% of available working hours.

Tithing Settlement.


I really don't need to say much more than those two (2) words. Although it was often fun and I do enjoy the time with the members, it does take a lot of time.

BUT==> We finished the budget on Thursday the 23rd. I handed November's financial package to the owners on Friday the 24th. I am almost caught up with miscellaneous projects. I am all but done with Tithing Settlement. The stress is gone, and I am at peace.


So, to all of my friends, family and any lurkers on this blog,

MERRY CHRISTMAS


Bonus coverage - I will not do a 2010 recap yet, as I will surly miss something important. But pictures of Hawaii are always good.


Here is a picture from the top of Diamond Head Crater. Yes, we did the hike.


On what was supposed to be our last day, we experienced a Tsunami. It was interesting, but not dramatic.

No comments: