Monday, March 10, 2008

Visit to Utah





Kayleen and I went to Utah for the weekend. We had to fly out of Phoenix becuase the cost to fly out of Tucson was prohibitive. We boarded the plan a few minutes early, but the Captain came on the intercom and said that the navigation computer had corrupt data, and we would be 15 minutes or so late. I called Tim and said that we would be 45 minutes late. We took off 48 minutes late, but the schedule did have some sand, so we only landed 25 minutes late. As we were getting off the plan, one of the U S Airways security guys held out his arms and said HEYYY, and gave me a hug. I was startled but it was good to see Spencer. He was much happier than the last time I saw him. That night we west to dinner and to the Inner Tube Water Polo game (See video below). The next morning, I went to see mom. I went back in the afternoon, but Clark had taken her for a ride. I went back later in the evening when she was trying to sleep. I read some Robert Frost to her. The book did not have "Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening," so we had to settle for some others.

Saturday evening we celebrated Tim's Birthday. He made RootBeer and we played Quelf and Apples to Apples ("Toast: to ancient times and distant msic.") Sunday we went to church. I went up to the Canyon Breeze home again for a last visit. It was a quick trip, but very relaxing. It was nice to see the children and grand children, play games, and just generally catch up on how they are doing.

1 comment:

Spence said...

I suppose my keeping up with the bloggs gave me a little advantage in recognizing you... I often run into people I recognise at the airport.