Thursday, April 3, 2008

I Repeat...

You know how two posts ago, I revealed some things about myself? One of the statements was, "I hate .... drivers who won't use their turn signals." Fast forward to April 1, 2008, 6:20 AM. I leave for work, things are going good. I then wait for two (count em, two) trains. It is now 6:45 and I am in the left hand lane, waiting my turn to get into the turn lane onto the freeway. Two cars (count em, two) cut in accross the solid white line without using turn signals. The front one of the two steps on his (or her) brakes for no apparent reason. The second car is a big white van so I can't see the front one's brake lights. The van uses his brakes and barely avoids hitting the car, but since he is so close, I don't even have time to step on mine before my front bumper slides under his rear bumper. The light turns yellow, and he pulls accross the intersection.
He is nice enough to pull into the Circle K parking lot. My car is barely driveable. I end up driving to the body shop, calling Kayleen to come get me, and notifying the insurance claims hotline.
The estimated damage is $5,978. I am physically unhurt, but am now driving a rental car, awaiting the repairs to be done. I wish people would use their turn signals. I wish people would be more considerate of others when driving. But they're not. So, I will continue to wish, but it won't happen, unless until the great cleansing of the wicked.

4 comments:

Jamie said...

I have had to follow my father-in-law through heavy traffic across Las Vegas many times and he NEVER uses his blinker...but I wouldn't call him evil :)

Jamie said...

or wicked...

Anonymous said...

Jamie - I didn't necessarily mean that failure to use turn signals indicates inherit wickedness. I just have this theory that at after the great cleansing of the wicked, those who remain will become more considerate of the needs and circumstances of others. Its not that your father in law is evil, but when the evil ones are taken, the rest of you will become better. :)

Sorry, I didn't mean to offend, at least not as it applys to you or your family.

Matt and Lecia said...

Daddy... I didn't know if you were serious, but you haven't posted in a while - but don't "go dark" please!