Sunday, November 9, 2008

Continuing Education

I have a CPA license - actually two licenses, one in Idaho and one in Arizona. I am required to obtain 80 hours of continuing education every two years. So this year, I chose to attend a conference in ... Maui. We flew in Saturday Nov 8. I do NOT recommend US Airways. We booked the flight last February, so the cost was fixed, but they charge $15 for the first bag checkes and $25 for the second. They do not give complementary soda or water on the flight. Water or Soda is $2.00. Hawaii though is wonderful so far. We came back to the Kaanapali Beach Hotel where we have stayed 3 times before. I went snorkeling Saturday evening and the water was crystal clear and beautiful. Two turtles came out to play.


We got up Sunday morning and went to church. The Laihana 1st ward is a great ward. They invited us to the ward potluck Wednesday evening. We may go, I really do love that ward.

We ate at Lailani's last night at dusk. I remember why I love that place and no, we passed on the hula pie. It sounded good but we are saving that for another time. The waiter did give us a coupon for a free piece of hula pie. The sunsets are beautiful. The morning walk was invigorating.

While on our walk, we saw a photo shoot of a hula dancer welcoming the morning.

Unfortunately, I do need to go to class. But it is from 7:30 to 1:00. We will find ways to spend the afternoons, enjoying the beauties of the island.

No comments: