Thursday, April 16, 2009

Is it the Stalker ?

I went to the Orthopedic place early today. I was supposed to have an RFA (Radio Frequency Ablation) on my left side. There was a delay because the nurse had to take my blood pressure about 7 times, in an effort to find a reading they could live with. The Doctor came in and we talked. He verified that the pain in my hip is back pain, and that it stems from the lower lumbar region. However, my blood pressure was too high to turn on the microwave. Dr. Gorman gave me some stuff to ease the pain and to relax me, but my blood pressure then went even higher.
At that point he told me that it was not safe to continue, and they sent me to the recovery room.

So why is my blood pressure too high?

  • Is it my weight?
  • Is it my personal genetic code? (Wally joked that we should sue Mom for the bad set of genes she gave us :) )
  • Is the pressure from work or church getting to me ?
  • Do I need to exercise more?
  • Is it all the other stuff I have been taking for back pain?
These are all good questions. We have no answers yet, but I have an appointment with my PC Doctor, in which we will begin to explore these areas.
In the mean time, my wife tells me to "Don't stroke out."

Good advice, if you ask me.

3 comments:

Kayleen said...

I am very serious too.... I need you to take care of yourself and then let the healing waters and relaxation of Hawaii to go to work on you.

Tara Bishop said...

Michael has high blood pressure too... does that mean we get to sue you for giving him your genes? Or... go with Kayleen's idea and let the healing waters and relaxation of Hawaii go to work for us... now if we could just get there... :)

Hope your back does ok and you don't stroke out... :)

Matt and Lecia said...

I think thats the best advice I've heard today!