Saturday, May 10, 2014

Day 5 - Belly Flop Contest

This should be a shorter post than the previous one. We were at sea from Jamaica to Cozemel, so things were a little slow.  We got up early and went to the fitness center.  Then we headed to breakfast. 
We mostly hung out by the pool until 11:00 AM.  I left Kayleen at the pool and wandered down to a specific place to sign up for the Belly Flop Contest. There were a few others waiting also, and the guy arranged us in ascending weight order.  I was the oldest of the contestants, and weighed about 40 + lbs less than the heaviest opponents.

First they introduced each of us.  I am in the middle with the orange flowered suit.

Instead of a Diving Board, we jumped off a 30 inch "Hurt Box"
 The second guy had an awesome result and took end place.
I went fifth and took 4th place.
 The walrus here did have a perfect flop. He mostly certainly was the winner.

My jump was as follows: 
1) Hike up the trunks --

 2) Try to physically perform what I mentally had practices --


3) Try to remember to not say "OUCH!!!" until after I surface
 

4)  Wait for the replay and the score.  The picture for this one is up above.
 
 
 
 


No comments: