Saturday, January 26, 2008

Moved In

We moved into the new ofice this week. The days of packing, bending and lifting left my back very sore. The disks were bulging and bent out of shape. So today we (Kayleen and I) went to the office to try to put everything away. First we had to take out the drawers again to fish the cables through the back. I had never seen drawers with this kind of release before. Kayleen helped solve the ancient chinese puzzle, took out the screws, pushed the appropriate releases, fished the cables, and reassembled the cabinet. I sat in a chair and supervised. We had four different guys (other managers at the company) who tried to solve the secret. Kayleen was the one who completed the project. She then put my files away under my pointing finger. We finished well before other (large) offices were put together. I will have to cook dinner for her as a thank you. I know she likes Mac-and-Cheese. We don't know yet which pictures we will hang in the office. I may put the "Red Barn" or the "Boat on the Shore" on the wall. I have also thought about turning one wall into a vanity wall with framed diplomas, CPA license, and the thank you from Pima College. But tonight, the walls are still bare.

Yes, that is a Dunder-Mifflin t-shirt. I thought it appropriate attire for Saturday office work.

1 comment:

Matt and Lecia said...

Lookin' good! Now you just need a sign in your office that says "Mr. Bishop." Or to enforce your newfound title, you could just shorten it to "SIR" :)