Thursday, January 31, 2008

Useful Gifts


I have recently received two gifts noticably useful. The one in the picture is a bouquet of cookies. Our accounting firm sent these over today. They did get some extra business out of us with the new building. We need to have a cost-segragation study done in order to get the most beneficial tax treatment of the personal property permenantly fixed into the real property. (Huh?)


The second gift was actually received before the first. Phillip and Kelly gave me a heating pad for Christmas, and I love it. It heats deeply into the tissues, helping to loosen and soothe the arthiritus part of the back pain. It also soothes the disks when they decide to bulge and boogie. I can lay down on the couch with the constant pain weighing me down, making me dread living to 80 or 85. But the soothing action of the heating pad warms my soul. I am able to pull into a fetal position, put my thumb in my mouth and be comforted for a few minutes - at least until its time to head off to the Bishop's Office. Even then, my attitude is better and I am more emotionally capable of listening to the concern's of the ward. It is, I think, the perfect Christmas gift.

Thanks Phillip and Kelly!!

1 comment:

Kayleen said...

It amazes me that useful gifts aren't always recognized at the time nor are they gifts per say. Like the gift of blogging... It has enriched my life and learning.
The gift of self...having the kids come for Christmas has given a wonderful gift of memories. Etc.