Monday, January 14, 2008

We finally started one too !!

We just drove in from Utah. We were at Lecia's wedding reception. The drive is about 14 hours long, so we had a lot of things to talk about. We talked about Kayleen's dad. He apparently is not doing very well again. He is down to 140 lbs and cannot hold food down. We knew that his health would cycle downwards, but it is hard watching the family go through one of these "bad" cycles. We talked about my mother, who seems to be doing quite well. She is able to speak more clearly than we had believed. Although the longer we spoke to her, the more difficult it became to understand what she was trying to communicate. Her right side is also much stronger and "controllable" than we were expecting.
We talked about our children and grand children and the blogs that keep us connected. So yes, we are now starting our blog. I don't expect to win any Pulitzer prizes or essay competitions. We may post pictures and video clips. We may talk about work in general. Of course Kayleen can't talk about any specifics due to HIPPA regulations. I can't talk about church stuff too much. If it works, we will keep it going. If not, at least we tried to keep up with the blogging revolution.

6 comments:

Tiffany said...

hip-hip-hooray!

-tim

Tiffany said...

Welcome to the wonderful world of blogging. I think it's good to start with low expectations (not winning a pulitzer), because I started mine with high expectations and they've all been dashed thrice over. I am really excited though that you guys started a blog and if you have any questions feel free to ask.

Matt and Lecia said...

Neat! My parents are joining the blogging bandwagon!

Tiffany said...

We'll coin a new phrase and call it the blogwagon.

Tiffany said...

that was tim

Anonymous said...

I like to follow the blogwagon, but I just don't think I'd be able to keep up. Maybe when I'm old and married (the two words are synonymous) I'll have time for something like that.