Thursday, January 17, 2008

New Diggs

In a week, I will be moving to a new office. We broke ground for the building in May. The final touches are being added to get the permanent "C of O." (And by "C of O," I mean Certificate of Occupancy). The new office is 12 x 20, which is much larger than my current office. In three weeks, I will have been in this office for 10 years. It is 10' X 11'. I had to stand out in the hallway to get this picture. The bookshelf hides a doorway. I blocked the doorway into the next office so that people would not use my office as a secret passageway. I had to get the first flat panel monitor in the company because there was not room for the old CRT type monitor. And yes, those are binders stacked on the floor in front of my desk. I am excited about having bunch more space to pile my stuff.

We move the weekend of Jan 26. I hope the Internet connection is working by then. A few days ago, another employee asked me, "How are you today, sir?". I told him I was not a sir, that I actually worked for a living. He said "I have seen your new office - You ARE a sir.!"

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

You are definitely a Sir with that kind of office.

Matt and Lecia said...

I agree. But is it ok if I still call you Daddy?